Thursday 30 April 2015

Plumbing day 2

 This is the control box for the digitally controlled shower mixer.
 It was fairly simple to plumb it in. I used an isolator terminal to take the power from, but this still needs a power feed connection
I completed the plumbing under the floor, using solvent weld for the drain connections and using isolator valves ready to pick up the bidet when I can re-connect it.
The wet room base was then screwed to the floor underneath. I then started the tanking. The kit comes with a system from Weber, sealer, rubber tape and then the blue waterproof tanking gunk.
This is the Weber system contents

 This it the nook, I thought that needed protection.
Otherwise I just followed the instructions concerning where to put it. I am only tanking the sections that I am ready to tile, so that I do not need to walk on it afterwards.

This is a good time to show how the floor is engineered to run water away to the drain. The floor underneath was level, but the spirit level shows the contours of the wet room floor.





Just a slight slope at the edge of the drain

The drain is perfectly level





No comments:

Post a Comment