Wednesday 6 May 2015

Broken the back of the tiling.

 Today (Tuesday 5th) I tackled the Toilet area. Disconnected the toilet and replaced the stopcock which did not turn off properly. Cut 4 inches off the toilet outlet to move the toilet closer to the radiator wall.
Then I tiled behind it.

 I also tiled behind the door, almost to the top.
 I tiled the floor under the toilet area. I used these hand things to level the floor.
These are the spacers I have been using. You can see through them to make sure the joint behind is square.Once the floor was dry and set, I reconnected the toilet.

Wednesday. I am trying to finish the floor and the walls that I have started. I have one wall tile left to do, and 3 floor tiles. I would have finished the floor, but I broke the last tile, so had to wait to get a new one.

I had 96 big tiles at the start, and have 24 left now, to do the window wall.

Next job is re-fitting the door so that it closes. The tiles have raised the floor by about 11mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment