Friday 15 May 2015

The top of the window.


It rained all day yesterday, so I spent most of the day in the loft removing the old lights and fan, and putting in the new ones with chrome surround.


The switches for both are now outside the room rather than by pull cord.
In the evening I grouted inside the shower, adding 2% grey dye to the grout mix. It is too dark so I will try 1% and do it again.
 I have now tiled to the top of the window on both sides.
 I could then set the 2 tiles into the top of the window opening.
 I have supported the top tiles whilst they dry with a standard West Bromwich stick of wood, and 2 wedges to get the level correct. The edge strip was then cut and fitted over these 2 tiles, and cemented into place at the top.
Having removed the fan from the wall. I have now been able to tile over the hole.

We tested the shower today. I needed 40 degrees and Margaret 43 degrees. The water was contained by the glass very well. Sorry, no pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment